Skip to main content

πŸ‘‹ Meet Our Team

Hello and welcome! 🌟

We are a group of students from the Didactics of Science course at the Universidad Nacional Abierta y a Distancia (UNAD), Group 03.

This blog reflects our collaborative work and our commitment to designing meaningful science lessons through the CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) approach. πŸ“šπŸ”¬ Together, we create engaging activities that integrate scientific knowledge with English language learning, inspiring curiosity, critical thinking, and active participation.

✨ Get to know us and join us on this exciting journey of exploring science through English!

Kelly Tatiana GarcΓ­a


Hello! My name is Kelly Tatiana GarcΓ­a. I am a student in the Bachelor's Degree in Foreign Languages with an Emphasis on English at UNAD. I am passionate about teaching and enjoy creating interactive and meaningful learning experiences that help students develop both their English skills and their knowledge of other subjects. Through this CLIL project, I hope to contribute creative ideas that promote active learning, critical thinking, and collaboration in the classroom.




MarΓ­a SofΓ­a MartΓ­nez Ospino



Hello everyone! πŸ‘‹

My name is MarΓ­a SofΓ­a MartΓ­nez Ospino, and I am an eighth-semester student at the Universidad Nacional Abierta y a Distancia (UNAD), where I am pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Foreign Language Teaching with an Emphasis on English

I have eight years of experience as an elementary school teacher, including five years as a bilingual teacher. Throughout my teaching career, I have discovered that meaningful learning happens when students are curious, engaged, and actively involved in the learning process. 🌱✨

πŸ’™ I am excited to be part of this learning journey with you! Feel free to explore our activities, share your ideas, and leave your comments. I look forward to learning and growing together.

Let's discover, explore, and learn through science! πŸš€πŸ§ͺ


EMANUEL MERCADO MONTESINO

Hello everyone!

My name is Emanuel Mercado, and I am a student of the Bachelor’s Degree in Foreign Languages with an emphasis on English at UNAD. I am currently working on improving my English skills and developing the knowledge and abilities needed to become a better teacher in the future.

I consider myself a responsible, dedicated, and creative person. I enjoy learning new teaching strategies and exploring different ways to make the learning process more meaningful for students. In my free time, I like music and playing instruments such as the guitar.

I am happy to be part of this group and I hope to share my ideas, learn from my classmates, and contribute to the success of this activity.

Thank you for visiting my profile!


Ronald Orozco Padilla

Hi everyone!

My name is Ronald Orozco Padilla. I am a student pursuing a degree in Foreign Languages at UNAD, and I also work as a virtual English teacher.

For our group project, I chose to design the Presentation stage because I truly enjoy creating interactive classes and engaging learning materials for my students. I hope you find our science blog helpful and interesting!

Milena Zuluaga GarcΓ­a


Warm regards.

My name is Milena Zuluaga GarcΓ­a, and I am a student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Languages with a concentration in English. I consider myself a responsible, committed, and empathetic person with dedication to service. I enjoy every project and activity I undertake, as they represent an opportunity to strengthen my personal and professional development while contributing to the well-being and learning of those around me.

I am known for my willingness to continuously learn, take on new challenges, and give my best in every setting in which I participate.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

πŸ§ͺ Science Activities πŸ”

πŸ§ͺ Exploring Your Digestive System 🍎➡️πŸ«ƒ  Have you ever wondered what happens to your food after you take the first bite? πŸ€”πŸ½️ Welcome to an exciting scientific adventure through the human digestive system ! In this section, students will discover how the body transforms food into energy while developing their English language skills through the CLIL approach . 🌟 Our learning experience is organized into four exciting stages: πŸ“– Presentation – Discover the digestive system and activate prior knowledge. ✍️ Practice – Build understanding through engaging language-rich activities. 🎨 Production – Apply learning by creating, solving problems, and communicating ideas in English. ✅ Evaluation – Reflect on learning and demonstrate scientific understanding and language development. πŸ” Get ready to investigate, experiment, communicate, and think like a real young scientist! πŸš€ Let's explore the amazing journey of food through our body!      πŸ“– Stage 1: Presentatio...

References

References Educaplay. (s. f.). Sopa de letras: Sistema digestivo . https://www.educaplay.com/learning-resources/29883647-sopa_de_letras_sistema_digestivo.html Educaplay. (s. f.). Crucigrama del sistema digestivo . https://www.educaplay.com/learning-resources/29883203-crucigrama_del_sistema_digestivo.html Educaplay. (s. f.). El hospital del sistema digestivo . https://www.educaplay.com/learning-resources/29890192-el_hospital_del_sistema_digestivo.html Educaplay. (s. f.). Organizing the Path of Food . https://www.educaplay.com/lti/ Flippity. (s. f.). Digestive System: Memory Game . https://flippity.net/v2/mg.php?c=Mouth,Esophagus,Stomach,Liver,Pancreas,Small%20intestine,Large%20intestine&t=Digestive%20System&g=Memory Kahoot!. (s. f.). Digestive System Challenge . https://kahoot.it/challenge/03024983?challenge-id=1fb108a1-4183-4d96-8ce5-e5361584ac93_1783786900381 Martinez M. (2026).  MiniLab  [Presentation].  https://canva.link/9lrj67cxuymw7tq Merca...

🌟 Welcome to Science Sparks: Discover, Explore, Communicate πŸ”¬πŸŒŽ

  "Exploring science through English, curiosity, and meaningful learning." πŸ‘‹  Welcome to our  CLIL Science Blog! Science becomes more exciting when students are encouraged to observe πŸ‘€, ask questions ❓, investigate πŸ§ͺ, and communicate their discoveries πŸ’¬ in English. This blog is a space where  content and language come together  through the  CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning)  approach to create meaningful learning experiences. 🌱 Throughout this blog, you will discover classroom activities designed to help learners develop scientific knowledge while strengthening their English language skills. Every lesson promotes  curiosity ,  collaboration ,  critical thinking ,  creativity , and  communication   through hands-on experiences. πŸš€ Join us as we explore the fascinating world of science—one experiment πŸ§ͺ, one discovery πŸ”, and one English conversation πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ at a time! ✨  Learn • Explore • Think • Commun...